Puff, Pass And Explore: A Quick Guide To Marijuana Tourism In Canada
Similar to how Italy is known for its pasta and Japan for its sushi, Canada has emerged as a top destination for cannabis enthusiasts from all around the globe. Following the legalization of recreational marijuana, Canada has become an attractive location for those seeking to explore and indulge in the cannabis culture.
From stunning natural landscapes to bustling city centers, Canada offers a variety of options for tourists looking to explore and partake in all things marijuana. So, if you’re thinking about taking a trip to Canada and want to include some 420-fuelled activities, this quick guide is for you. Let’s get rolling!
Where to go
Canada’s marijuana tourism stands out for its wide range of experiences to cater to all preferences. Whether you fancy the excitement of a vibrant city center or the serenity of a natural setting, Canada has a wealth of options to offer.
If you’re looking for a city experience, Vancouver, Toronto, and Montréal are all great destinations to explore. These cities have a thriving cannabis culture, with plenty of legal dispensaries and cannabis-themed activities to choose from. Vancouver, in particular, is known for its laid-back West Coast vibe and stunning natural surroundings, making it a popular choice for cannabis tourists.
If you lean towards a more natural environment, Canada’s got you covered. The country boasts some of the world’s most breathtaking national parks such as Banff, Jasper, and Yoho. For many cannabis enthusiasts, a perfect day consists of hitting the trails or exploring the great outdoors, all while enjoying their favourite cannabis strain.
What to do
One of the best things about marijuana tourism in Canada is the variety of activities available. Here are a few of the top things to do:
- Visit a dispensary: Canada has a wide variety of legal dispensaries where you can purchase cannabis products, including edibles, oils, and dried flower.
- Take a cannabis-infused cooking class: Learn how to cook with cannabis from experienced chefs and try your hand at making infused dishes.
- Go on a cannabis-themed tour: Join a guided or self-guided tour of a cannabis farm or a dispensary to learn more about the history and culture of cannabis in Canada.
- Attend a cannabis festival: Canada has several cannabis-related festivals throughout the year, including the Cannabis Cup and 420 Vancouver.
- Explore nature: Canada is known for its stunning natural beauty, and many cannabis enthusiasts enjoy taking a hike or exploring the great outdoors while indulging in their favourite strain.
What to know
Although Canada has legalized marijuana, it is still necessary to adhere to specific rules and regulations. It’s crucial to conduct thorough research before embarking on your trip as each province has its own distinct set of rules and regulations pertaining to cannabis.
Here are some essential things to keep in mind:
- Travelling with weed: No cannabis in or out of Canada as it is illegal.
- Age to consume: You must be 19 or older to purchase or consume cannabis in Canada – 18 in Alberta and 21 in Québec.
- Understand possession limits: Usually 30 grams per person but check the region you’re visiting to be sure.
- Buy your cannabis accessories in Canada: Saves space in your luggage and any trouble at the border.
- Don’t drive while high: It is illegal to drive under the influence of cannabis.
- Where to light up: It is illegal to smoke or vape cannabis in public places, including parks, beaches, and sidewalks.
In conclusion, marijuana tourism in Canada is a unique and exciting way to experience the country. With a wide range of activities and destinations to choose from, there’s something for everyone. Just remember to follow the rules and regulations, and you’ll surely have a memorable trip. So puff, pass, and explore the beauty of Canada!
Let’s get rolling: It’s time to make your next weedcation an unforgettable experience with Canada Weed Tours!